Student Services Support Unit – Provides “In-Person and Virtual Advising”
Student Services Unit Overview Heading link
CHANCE Student Success Unit – CHANCE advisors encouraged students to study and socialize through select Success Series workshops, which focus on study skills, professional development, and post-graduate preparedness. This student support unit targets the particular needs of UIC students and provides non-traditional resources to improve student academic outcomes and graduation.
- Writing Coach Program – Offers students an opportunity to present various work assignments on an ad hoc basis and cultivate an academic mentorship.
- CHANCE College to Career Initiative – Provides access to a Career Coach to assist students with obtaining internships, a professional mentor, and post-graduate job opportunities upon graduation.
- Success Seminar Series Workshop
- Customized/Individualized Services
- Scholarship 101 Workshops – Assists in the dissemination of over 300k scholarship dollars from both internal and external funders.
- Community and Civic Outreach Initiatives – Designed to address the needs of underserved neighborhoods while providing UIC students exposure to community leaders. Some examples include our Holiday Toy Drive, Round Table Talks with community leaders, volunteering with the Chicago Food Depository, and community back-to-school initiatives.
Creating a Culture of Leaders!
Our Student Services Unit is here to assist you as you navigate your educational journey on the UIC Campus.
“NEW” and CONTINUING STUDENTS……..
Please contact your CHANCE MENTOR to schedule your one-on-one Interview (MANDATORY).
Our Student Services Support Staff members are committed to helping students meet their academic, professional, and career-related goals to their fullest potential. CHANCE Programming components include, but are not limited to, Academics, Professional Development, Post Graduate Preparedness, Social and cultural Engagement, and Civic and Community Engagement.