Digital Scholars – Computer Science
Pre-College Summer Programming
Our Digital Scholars - Computer Science 5-Week (In-person) Summer Program affords high school sophomores, juniors, seniors and CURRENT UIC Students access to computer aided design projects and affords students "hands-on" training to "real-world settings." Our intensive curriculum provides an opportunity for students to learn computer-science instruction from UIC Professors and Professionals who will help students solve problems and encourage scientific innovation.
In partnership with the University of Illinois - Discovery Partners Institute, students will also have access to Professionals within the computer science fields and participate in daily speaker series aimed to engage and encourage their interest in computer science.
PROGRAM DATES: Monday, June 20 - Friday, July 22, 2022
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION:
In order to qualify for Digital Scholars Summer Initiatives students MUST:
- Submit a completed application, including one letter of recommendation and a current academic high school transcript
- Applicants MUST Complete an Application for Admission to UIC during their Senior year
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE ENTIRE 5-WEEK SESSION (No excuses provided for vacations)
- Computer Science 100 - Discovering Computer Science (3) Credit Hours - Prerequisite: Current Junior entering Senior Year of High School in Fall 2022.
- Computer Science 111 - Program Design I - Prerequisite: MUST be an entering UIC Freshman for Fall 2022.
- Mobile App Development and Design - Prerequisite: High School Sophomore to Graduating High School Senior.
- Data Sciences Discovery - Prerequisite: High School Sophomore to Graduating High School Senior.
- Exploring Electrical and Computer Engineering: High School Sophomore to Graduating High School Senior.
TO APPLY - CLICK HERE
For more information contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 312-355-5025.