STEM Academy Pre-College Summer Program **APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED**
ABOUT STEM ACADEMY
This project was created through the efforts of the UIC CHANCE Program in partnership with ComEd, UIC College of Engineering, Department of Computer Science and Project SYNCERE. The CHANCE STEM Academy Program is an interactive program designed to introduce rising high school seniors to the "World of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math".
This five-week academically intensive program provides hands-on experiences in group settings, led by UIC faculty and staff.
Video Heading link
About STEM Academy Summer Initiative Heading link
DATES: June 20 – July 22, 2022 TIMES: 8:00am – 4:00pm DAYS: Monday – Friday
**Fridays are reserved for additional leadership and development sessions, exploration and discovery field trips.
UIC Campus – In Person
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
Rising high school seniors and UIC freshmen admitted to the College of Engineering are eligible to apply.
In order to qualify for STEM Academy – Engineering
- Be a rising high school senior with an interest in majoring in Engineering at UIC.
- Submit a completed application, including one letter of recommendation and a current academic high school transcript.
- Submit a completed application for admission to UIC, during their senior year.
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE ENTIRE 5-WEEK SESSION (No excuses provided for vacations).
In order to qualify for STEM Academy – 194 Special Topics Course – PREP-ME 2.0
- Be a first-year, UIC College of Engineering student.
- Should have taken placement exam and submitted an Intent to Enroll.
- Must have taken three years of Math, up to Precalculus.
- BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE ENTIRE 5-WEEK SESSION [No excuses provided for vacations].
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
REGISTRATION (for Incoming Freshmen)
To register: Login to my.uic.edu, click on UIC Connect and scroll down to Summer College.