STEM Academy Pre-College Summer Program **FOR INCOMING UIC STUDENTS ONLY**
ABOUT THE STEM ACADEMY for INCOMING UIC STUDENTS
This project was created through the efforts of the UIC CHANCE Program in partnership with ComEd, UIC College of Engineering, Department of Computer Science and Project SYNCERE. The CHANCE STEM Academy Program is an interactive program designed to introduce incoming UIC ENGINEERING students to the "World of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math".
This 6-week academically intensive program provides hands-on experiences in group settings, led by UIC faculty and staff.
Upon SUCCESSFUL completion and ENROLLMENT at UIC, the student will qualify to receive credit in Engineering 194.
PROGRAM FOR INCOMING UIC STUDENTS ONLY…
Prerequisite: MUST be an entering UIC Freshman with a completed Intent to Enroll form in the College of Engineering for Fall 2023 and MANDATORY participation in the summer 6-Week residential program (June 26 – August 4)
For more information (incoming UIC students): Contact us at: 312-355-5025 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Video Heading link
About STEM Academy Summer Initiative Heading link
DATES: June 26 – August 4, 2023 TIMES: 9:00am – 4:00pm DAYS: Monday – Friday
**Fridays are reserved for additional leadership and development sessions, exploration and discovery field trips.
UIC Campus – In Person
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
Incoming UIC freshmen admitted to the College of Engineering for Fall 2023 are eligible to apply.
In order to qualify for STEM Academy – Engineering
- Be a rising high school senior with an interest in majoring in Engineering at UIC.
- Submit an Intent to Enroll form to UIC College of Engineering for Fall 2023.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE ENTIRE 6-WEEK SESSION (No excuses provided for vacations).
In order to qualify for STEM Academy – Engineering 194 Special Topics Course – PREP-ME 2.0
- Be a first-year, UIC College of Engineering student.
- Should have taken placement exam and submitted an Intent to Enroll.
- Must have taken three years of Math, up to Precalculus.
- BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE ENTIRE 6-WEEK SESSION [No excuses provided for vacations].
REGISTRATION (for Incoming Freshmen)
To register: Login to my.uic.edu, click on UIC Connect and scroll down to Summer College.